Bao Casino Review 2022
Last Updated April 2022
Here’s a Chinese-themed Casinono from our friends at Dama NV. This time it’s Bao Casino, named in honour of the famous Bao bun (though Bao also means jewel or treasure), and featuring a cheeky mascot in the form of a chubby cat known as (you guessed it) ‘Bao’.
What is strange about this casino is all the pro-Australian rhetoric on their landing page (even when visiting the site from a foreign VPN location), but yet, Bao does not allow Australian players to join in from an Australian IP address due to geo-location rules. Face palm? I think so. The fact that the Casino accepts Australian currency is even more perplexing.
I’m thinking that this casino is aiming for a specific customer niche, though the site theming immediately gets lost as soon as you spend time playing their games, by my reckoning, site theming only has about 15-20% relevance to the customer because that is not where they spend a majority of their time.
Anyway, let’s have a look around and see what’s on offer.
Operator: Dama NV
Casino EST: 2019
License: Curaçao Gaming Control Board
Game Providers (alpha order)
4theplayer, Amatic, Avatarux, BGaming, Big Time Gaming, Booming Games, Booongo, Betsoft Gaming, Dream tech, EGT, Elk, Evolution, Felix Gaming, iSoftBet, NetEnt, NoLimit, Northern lights, Petersons, Platipus, Play’n GO, Playson, Playtech, Pragmatic Play, Push Gaming, Quickfire, Quickspin, Red Tiger Gaming, Reel play, Reflexgaming, Spinomenal, Thunderkick, TrueLab, VIVO Gaming, Wazdan, Yggdrasil
Game Providers list current as per Bao website @24 June 2021.
Aruba, Australia, Bonaire, Estonia, France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, Germany [Schleswig-Holstein only], Gibraltar, Guadeloupe, Israel, Italy, Jersey, Lithuania, Martinique, Mayotte, Metropolitan France, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Romania, Réunion, Saba, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Wallis and Futuna.
- Has a Responsible Gaming page from the main landing page.
- Support via the Info/Support link in the main menu, or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click on the About Us page.
- RTP stats not known generally, though game providers might disclose them within the details of each game.
- RNG stats not known generally.
- 128 bit encryption via https certificate. Click on the key icon in the URL string of your Web browser.
USD, EUR, CAD, NOK, AUD, NZD, RUB, JPY
BTC, BCH, LTC, ETH, DOG.
Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, MiFinity, Neosurf, Neteller, Rapid Skrill, EcoPayz, Paysafe Card, AstroPay, iDebit, WebMoney, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin.
Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, MiFinity, Neteller, Skrill, Rapid Skrill, EcoPayz, Paysafe Card, AstroPay, iDebit, WebMoney, InstaDebit, Bank Transfer, Accent Pay, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin.
- Withdrawal eWallets: 0-1 hours
- Withdrawal Card Payments: 0-1 day
- Withdrawal Bank Transfers: 3-7 days
- Pending Time: 0-24 hours
- Withdrawal Limit: €2,000 per day, €7,500 per week, €15,000 monthly.
- Rollover Requirement: All Free Spins, if not otherwise stated, are subject to a wagering requirement of 30x. No Deposit Bonuses are 40x.
All financial options checked directly on the Bao website @24 June 2021.
1. Crypto currencies are supported, contact the Support desk about this if you need more details..
2. Withdrawals can only be applied back against the original deposit method. This applies to Visa and MasterCard mostly.
Another straight forward sign up procedure:
3. Currency (or Cryptocurrency).
5. Click CREATE ACCOUNT button.
Once logged in, you can enter all the other required personal information in the My Account section, including sub-sections for Profile and Verification which is used for verification purposes. Obviously withdrawals cannot occur until verification documents are approved. Plus there is the Security for 2 Factor Authentication and Password setting.
The Games lobby is laid out as you would expect from a Dama NV Casino of this caliber. Use the filter button to choose a game provider to zero in on specific games.
The Games categories are broken down as follows:
Select one for your category of choice.
Test/Demo Mode/Try Now
Yes, games can be played in demo mode, and as a guest. You can select games from the main landing page, though some game providers may not allow it, in which case you’ll need to sign up to the Casino to play.
Bonuses, Promotions etc
There are a handful of welcome bonuses available once you create an account and start depositing.
- 1st Welcome Bonus – Get €200 or 0.5BTC, alongside 20 free spins, when you make your first deposit.
- 2nd Welcome Bonus – €100 or 0.5BTC welcome deposit bonus + 30 more free spins.
- 3rd Welcome Bonus – 50 free spins on Lucky Money – win up to €100.
- Reload Bonus – Get 10% cashback of up to 500 EUR or 0.036 BTC.
- Free Spins on Fridays – Get 50 free spins in Bison Trail from Platipus.
- High Roller Bonus – Get up to $1,000 and 100 free spins as a first deposit bonus.
All Free Spins, if not otherwise stated, are subject to a wagering requirement of 30x. No Deposit Bonuses are 40x.
Refer to the Tournaments Page. These change quite a bit, as tournaments run for a limited time. Click on the page to see what ones are active and which ones have closed.
The Quest road is Bao’s equivalent of attaining incremental levels, similar to an online computer game. There are 100 levels that reach up to Diamond Level.
For VIP purposes:
Bronze = 60
Gold = 90
Diamond = invitation
Details on Promotions (bonuses), Tournaments, Quest and VIP are accessible from the main menu.
- Nice site layout, very bloated look though, too much on the front page.
- Lots of deposit and withdrawal options, including cryptocurrency.
- All the information pages are there (About Us, Support, Responsible Gaming).
- Very slow loading of the website.
- RTP stats not known generally.
- RNG stats not known generally.
- No phone support.
- Confusing Australian registration.
- Email: email@example.com
- Live Chat: Live chat available 24/7 accessible from the main menu.
- Phone: No phone support.
- Website: Website Link
The Dama N.V portfolio has many Casinos, some of which are reviewed here at Trending Casinos. The mechanics of each are much the same, with differences made for theming mostly. You see this on the Bao Casino offering.
After spending some time having a look around this casino, I came away with an indifferent view. It’s reasonably attractive visually but the access speed is horrendously slow. If you have super quick Internet access, lucky you because you’ll need it. As mentioned, Australian customers are prohibited from joining. I had to vpn to another country to investigate this casino.
The number of games and game providers is of a mid-range level compared to some other Dama N.V offerings, while the cryptocurrency side of the financials is a bonus, though in the coming months this will become the norm rather than the exception, so in future the whole cryptocurrency thing will be taken as a given.
The rollover requirement (@30x) is reasonable, the welcome bonuses aren’t the best that I’ve seen, while I do like the idea of The Quest, a novel approach which I haven’t seen on other casinos as yet.
Summing up though, this is an OK Casino, but your online experience may vary, as it does with many other similar casinos. Myself? I think I’ll stick with some of Dama N.V’s other Casinos in the meantime, but that shouldn’t preclude you from investigating.
Contact and sign up: https://baoaff.com